Presentations, & Speaking: Diversity and Equity training
KEYNOTES & SPEAKING ENGAGEMENTS
• 2020 Kizzie: Creating a Pathway. Lassen Community College. Susanville, CA
• 2020 Ethnic-Matching: Academic Success of Students of Color. Drexel University. Critical Conversations in Urban Education. Philadelphia, PA.
• 2019 Ethnic-Matching: Academic Success of Students of Color. Keynote for Council of Academic Deans from Research Education Institutions (CADREI).
• 2017 Change in school demographics: How do we move forward? Keynote for the South Dakota Education Conference Annual Kickoff.
• 2017 Workshop on Culturally Responsive Practice. South Dakota Education Conference.
• 2014 Keynote speaker, 3rd Annual Celebrate, Educate and Appreciate Diversity (CEAD) Conference at Eastern Oregon University.
• 2014 Keynote speaker, Martin Luther King Celebration at Eastern Oregon University.
• 2010 Keynote speaker, Greenville College Graduate Student Graduation Commencement.
• 2007 Wealth and African American education.UNT Chapter of the National Alliance of Black School Educators.
• 2007 African American families in poverty. Presented in the course Current Research and Issues in Family Sciences at Texas Woman’s University
• 2007 Using Play to enhance children’s cognitive development.The 2006 Velma E. Schmidt Programs Fall Conference on Early Childhood Education.
• 2005 Becoming human in the eyes of our peers. [iTune Podcast program]. Central Washington University.
•Easton-Brooks, D. & Robinson, D. (2017). Strategies for Working with Today’s Diverse School Climate. Presented at the Teacher Diversity Matters: A National Symposium, Highland Heights, KY.
• Easton-Brooks,D. (2017). Sustainable funding for residency programs: Moving beyond grants for financial support. Presentation at the AACTE’s 69thAnnual Meeting, Tampa, FL.
• Lubbes, T, Easton-Brooks, D., Thorstad-Milton, H., Johnson, K., & Gomez, K. (2015). Responding to the rural opportunity gap through partnership initiatives centered in culturally responsive practices. Presented at the 25th National Association of Multicultural Education (NAME) Conference, New Orleans, LA.
• Bianco, M., Easton-Brooks, D., & Gallegos, P. (2015). Pathways2Teaching Model: Responding to a moral imperative to diversify the teaching profession. Presentation at the AACTR 67th Annual Meeting, Atlanta, GA.
• Larke, P., Easton-Brooks, D., Sullivan, E., Webb-Johnson, D., Collins, D., and Lea, (2010). Applying Critical Race Theory to Examine Texas State Mandated Tests by Race, Class and Gender for the Years, 1993-2009.Presentation at the American Education Research Association (AERA) 2010 Annual Meeting. Denver, CO.
• Easton-Brooks, D. (2009). The effects of African American teachers on the academic achievement of African American students. Center for Research, Evaluation & Advancement of Teacher Education 2009 Research Conference on Teacher Education, Houston, TX.
• Eddy. C. M., Easton-Brooks, D., Thompson, R., & Ward, E. (2009). Establishing validity of the MTEBI for incoming preservice elementary teachers. Presentation at the Association of Mathematics Teacher Educators Annual Conference, Orlando, FL.
• Eddy. C. M., Easton-Brooks, D., & Ward, E. (2008). Establishing validity of the MTEBI for incoming preservice elementary teachers. Presentation at the School Science and Mathematics Association, Raleigh, NC.
• Thompson, R., Eddy, C.M., Easton-Brooks, D., & Ward, E. (2008). On developing a longitudinal research agenda for mathematics and science teachers’ preparation. Presentation at the School Science and Mathematics Association, Raleigh, NC.
• Easton-Brooks, D. (2006). Wealth and African American students' academic outcomes. Presented at the Hawaii International Conference on Education in Honolulu, HI.
• Easton-Brooks, D. (2004). Exploring academic achievement scores: Within the African American community. Presentation at the National Black Child Development Institute’s (NBCDI) 34th Annual Conference in Los Angeles, CA.
• Easton-Brooks, D. (2003). The Impact of language and dialect on literacy development. Presented at the Hawaii International Conference on Education in Honolulu, HI.
• Easton-Brooks, D. (2002). Language, literacy, and culture. Round Table Discussion at the Northern Rocky Mountain Educational Research Association (NRMERA) 20th Annual Conference in Estes Park, CO.
• Ginsberg, R., Chvak, K., & Easton-Brooks, D. (2018). Social media and social crises in the academy: Issues for publicly engaged scholars and campus leaders. American Education Research Association (AERA) Division E. 2018 Annual Meeting. New York, NY.
• Ginsberg, R., Chvak, K., & Easton-Brooks, D. (2017). Social media and social crises on campus-issues for deans to consider. Council of Academic Deans from Research Education Institutions.
• Easton-Brooks, D. (2017). Change in school demographics: How do we move forward? Keynote for the South Dakota Education Conference Annual Kickoff.
• Easton-Brooks, D., Gapp, S., Shudak, N. (2017, April 11). Culturally Responsive Pedagogy in Educator Preparation Programs [Webinar]. In Collaboration for Effective Educator Development. Accountability and Reform (CEEDAR/AIR) Webinar Series.
• Easton-Brooks, D. (2015). Presentation on Engaging with Diverse Students. Center for Urban Education College of Education at University of Pittsburg.
• Eddy, C. & Easton-Brooks, D.(2008). Securing grants to fund research.UNT Doctoral Students Association Conference.